That’s right, I’ve been nominated! Everyone give a big cheer to A. P. Roberts, for thinking of me and my humble blog.
To accept this award, I must do four things. I must attach the image. (Done.) I must thank the person who nominated me. (Done.) I must also share seven things about myself, and I must pass along the nomination to seven more deserving bloggers.
SEVEN THINGS ABOUT ME
1) I am a cat person, but dogs are okay, too.
2) I grow a garden of vegetables and native wildflowers. The vegetables are for my family. The native wildflowers are an effort to attract native pollinators, since I’m hardly ever seeing honey bees any more.
3) In addition to writing fantasy novels and podcasting some of my stories, I play D&D, read comic books, and other geeky fun.
4) My favorite video game is Oblivion, but I also like Skyrim, Portal 2, and the Lego game series.
5) I hate to admit it, but I’m a snob about coffee.
6) Perhaps not coincidentally, I am a morning person.
7) I’m a little bit tired of people co-opting, re-booting, re-imagining, or whatever you want to call it, classic characters and series. Geez, people. Make your own!
Finally, my seven nominees are (drum roll, please):
1) David Lee Summers, who edited my novel, The Seven Exalted Orders, for Sky Warrior Books and is about as easy to work with as you could imagine.
2) Jennifer M. Eaton, a fine writer who has been brave about sharing her family’s struggle with an oppositional/defiant child.
3) M. Q. Allen, another author who writes excellent and fascinating world-building articles.
4) L. Palmer Chronicles, fantasy author blog.
5) J. Keller Ford, another fun author blog.
6) Frog and Esther Jones, two authors who also publish through Sky Warrior Books.
7) The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh, a book review blog by a teacher, librarian, and insatiable reader.
Blogging can be a bit of work, as you know if you do it. The recognition is wonderful, though not as good as the friendships that have grown up around it. I hope we’ll all be giving each other awards for years to come.