This blog is a day late. Sorry! Yesterday I had the opportunity to join my husband in climbing a mountain and picking huckleberries while sipping wine. You can tell how I chose to spend the day. But I’m back now to gratefully accept the One Lovely Blog Award.
This is my second time; the first was back in May of 2013. I’d like to thank Princess of Dragons for thinking of me. She’s a young writer in Britain who posts clips and shares fun facts about dragons. I hope you’ll check her out.
Now I give Seven Facts About Me:
1) My day job is as a substitute school secretary. This helps inspire me to…
2) I also write for children as Lucy D. Ford.
3) I have two kids, who are teenagers. They inspire and distract me, sometimes both at the same time.
4) My favorite color is aquamarine.
5) Most days, I need coffee to do my best work.
6) I also like having music on when I’m writing. Movie soundtracks are the best, but I like all sorts of rock, pop, folk and electronica.
7) Biking is my favorite form of physical activity.
And I’m passing the nomination on to three blogs I didn’t nominate last time. These are all independent writers and I want to help them spread their fame. They are:
1) Legends of Windemere, by Charles Yallowitz. He writes heroic fantasy and comments on the writing life.
2) C. N. Faust, by the eponymous author of gothic and urban fantasy.
3) Shannon A. Thompson, who writes urban fantasy/romance and whose blog also covers the writing life.
Please take a look at all these fine blogs, and I’ll see you again on Tuesday!